1st Annual Bulldog Fun Run
10/8/2018 11:30 am
COMING UP!!! 1st Annual Bulldog Fun Run on October 16th.
This is one of our MAIN FUNdraisers and we need your help making it a success. We are asking kids to raise $75 each. This is an opportunity to reach out to family and friends for support. We have many different ways to do this:
1. We sent home pledge sheets but if you need a copy there are more in the office OR you can download one here. Please turn ALL pledge sheets in by October 16th at 2:30PM to the office. If you can turn it in earlier please do so! We will return any pledge sheets for collections the next day in the Wed. Envelope.
2. Online Platform - Preferred but not mandatory! Take 5 minutes and set up your kid/s family collection page (you don't even have to do 1 per kid, it is per family and the system calculates the per kid donations for us). Start it now www.pledgestar.com/buenavista. You can email, text or post to social media. It's so easy.
Pre - Event Prizes:
Prizes: We are conducting daily drawings. Anyone with a pledge turned in is eligible for ALL drawings (names only removed if they win).
Day of - EVERY kid will get a Fun Run Tshirt
All funds collected by Oct 26th will be calculated for the following prizes/drawings:
Grade Level Prizes - The leading class per grade will get a day of extra recess and a class party of their choosing (working with the teacher's to find an appropriate party).
Grand Prize Drawing:
Students will receive drawing entries in the raffle for the grand prize as follows:
- 1 ticket for every $25 collected (unlimited)
- 3 extra tickets if the student collects $75 or more. for example if your student collects $75 they will end up with a total of 6 drawing entries.
What do they win?
iPad Pro 10x in a kid safe case
2nd & 3rd place prizes will be active related
WANT TO VOLUNTEER DAY OF? WE'D LOVE TO HAVE YOU! CLICK HERE!
Questions? Email Josee Sirois at email@example.com
What's Happening in September!
9/6/2018 11:02 am
We are kicking the year off with some great community events and our first PTA Association Meeting, we hope you will join us!
Tuesday, September 11th - PTA Association Meeting (you do not need to be a member to attend)
6:30pm in the MUR
Babysitting and pizza for the kids (ages 3 & up) is available.
Friday, September 21st - Outdoor Movie Night (all are welcome)
Movie is Rio (hopefully Rio2 later in the year)
7:15pm on the Field - Movie will start when its dark enough
Bring blankets and snuggly clothes. Low chairs are fine but please plan to sit on the sides or the back with chairs. Also a flashlight might come in handy after the movie.
We will have popcorn and glowsticks for the kids. You are welcome to bring your own snacks and non-alcoholic beverages.
Sorry no dogs allowed.
Saturday, September 29th - Parent Social at Calicraft (adults only)
5:00pm - Calicraft - 2700 Mitchell Drive, Walnut Creek, CA
Head to Calicraft for a night of casual socializing. Meet new BVers and reconnect from the summer break with old friends. Mention BV this evening and get $1 off each crafted beverage purchased. Stay as long as you like, just drive safely or grab a Lyft/Uber!
Thanks CALICRAFT for hosting us again this year!Read More
Buena Vista Parent Teacher Association Welcomes You!
Welcome to the 2018-19 school year. The BV PTA Toolkit is where you can enter your contact information for the school directory, important access to the weekly e-Newsletter, to make your Bulldog Fund Donation and optional purchases directly through the PTA. It is also your tool for the whole year allowing access to the online directory and the PTA's website which will have quick links to ALL your top parent access tools from the School, PTA and District. We will also be posting our Archived e-Newsletters, PTA meeting agendas, minutes and budgets. Looking for a current calendar, look no further than this site. The calendar will also have the option to sync select events directly to your digital calendars.
We highly suggest taking just a moment to quickly Bookmark this page so that you will always have quick access to all your school resources!
Click Register/Login to create or login to your existing account.
If you already have a Membership Toolkit account with another organization, you can use the same log-in here.
Click here for instructions on creating an account Read More
YOU MAKE GREAT SCHOOLS HAPPEN!
WCEF ANNUAL GIVING 2018-2019
With a donation to the Walnut Creek Education Foundation, you are helping provide critical support to your child as well as 5,100 students at eight schools. Through support from families like you and our community, WCEF K-12 will raise $1.2 million to provide the following STEAM programs & technology:
- NEW IN 2018-2019 K-8 Math Coach. Working primarily with teachers for district-wide improvement by enhancing the teaching, learning and assessing of
- 36 Weeks of Instruction in Art, Music, P.E. & Science. That’s more than 20 Specialists and
credentialed P.E. teachers thanks to donations to WCEF from families like yours.
- WCEF K-12 also funds core classes at Las Lomas High School, STEAM programs at WCI and Tice Creek. We are the only education foundation that invests in your child from TK-12.
DONATE TODAY! BECAUSE GREAT SCHOOLS DON’T JUST HAPPEN
We ask all families to donate to WCEF each year. This year the suggested ask is $600 per student, or whatever amount is right for your family. From $25, $100, $600 per student, $1,200, $5,000 or more -- every gift adds up to make a difference.
WCEF K-12 is a non-profit 501(c)(3) federal tax ID #94-2915151.
Content goes here
Why join the PTA?
Successful students make successful schools— which make thriving communities. Everyone benefits when you support students!